Saturday, November 2, 2013

Salted Caramel Appletinis

It has been an absolutely crazy week here!  There were final exams to be given and graded, students needing counsel and registration, final class rosters to turn in, a meeting with the book publishers, school fall festivals, snack helper days, Halloween fun to be had... and then a nasty migraine to end the week with a bang.  Bummer!

Well after the medicine kicked in, I dragged myself out of the dark room and life had to resume - after all, there were kids who needed to be places, dinner that needed to be arranged, etc.  By the time evening came, I was looking forward to a fun cocktail to celebrate the successful completion of the week, and the fact that some some invisible being was no longer stabbing me through the head.

This cocktail just seems to embody the flavors of fall... after all, who can turn down caramel apples? 
Ingredients:   (for two martinis)
  • 4 oz caramel vodka
  • 4 oz green apple vodka
  • 4 oz apple cider
  • 1 oz praline (or caramel) syrup 
  • garnishes
    • caramel apple dip
    • kosher salt
    • cinnamon apple chips
Tip - the praline syrup can be purchased in the specialty coffee area of your grocery, or at most coffee shops.  



Step-by-Step:
First, add ice cubes to your shaker.  Then, 4 oz caramel vodka, 4 oz green apple vodka.
 4 oz apple cider (or pure pressed apple juice), 1 oz praline syrup.
Shake - shake - shake!
Strain out into a martini glass rimmed with caramel apple dip and a sprinkling of large kosher salt granules.  Garnish as desired.

These cinnamon apple chips that I used for garnish can be purchased in a bag at your grocer, or made in a dehydrator.


Personal Note.  I know it may appear that I'm here by myself doing this blog.  In fact, I have one of the BEST assistants there is.  Although Lily did not partake in this drink in any way, she's always by my side to help out with the props, fetch things, and help me .... ahem.... rearrange things (even after they are set up).  This smiling face right here is the heart of my heart - even when she steals my apple slices or starts dancing in the background!

This morning, we were "working" on the back porch on this gorgeous fall day, and the sunlight was just washing over her like an angel.  Too hard to resist snapping a shot to show you all what joy I have in my life!













I hope you've enjoyed this recipe!
I have many, many more recipes for you to check on on my Recipe Index!  Some are completely from scratch, where others make liberal use of convenience items to get a home made meal on the table quickly after a busy work day.

Connect with me.   If you've not done so already, Click here to subscribe to MenuMusings.   You can also follow me on Pinterest and join in the fun on my MenuMusings Facebook page.

 Order the Menu Musings Cookbook!



Here are some bonus recipes for you:
Beefy Crunch Wrap Supremes

Vietnamese Style Lettuce Wraps

Prosciutto and Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus Appetizers

Mozzarella Caprese Skewers

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

Sesame Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry

Method:  
Fill your martini shaker with ice cubes.  Add the four ingredients and shake vigorously for at least a minute so the liquid will get really, really cold.  Strain out into a martini glass rimmed with caramel apple dip and a sprinkling of large kosher salt granules.  Garnish as desired.

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried appletini with cinnamon but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest